The ancient Greek philosopher Socrates said that “the unexamined life is not worth living.” At times, we need to take a step back, evaluate what we want, and understand what’s preventing us from reaching our goals and how we can move forward towards the life we want.
Mentoring isn’t therapy. And I’m not a therapist:
You can think of me as a physical trainer or martial arts instructor for your mind. Our aim is to help you find your inner strength so you can progress towards your goals. During a session we’ll work to get you clarity (and necessary guidance) in an area of your life that you want to improve or develop.
Sessions consist of:
- Discussion. We’ll talk and — through questioning and probing your challenges and goals from different angles — we’ll gain a clear idea of what’s going on and how best to move forward towards success.
- Feedback. Along the way, I’ll share any tips or suggestions I can to help you on your journey.
- Short hypnosis (optional). Once we’ve figured out the best steps forward, to help you get a clear vision of where you’re going and to help energize you to take action, we can use guided hypnosis. (This is a powerful technique for really energizing you to make the changes you need to make. But, again, this is optional (and so it’s up to you).)
Mentoring sessions are confidential and my feedback is unbiased, so it’s the perfect opportunity to think deeply, get clear about you want, get helpful guidance, and realize what steps you need to take towards your success.
Why get mentoring with me?
- I’m not just another anonymous life coach. I’m an author of several books on self-development, symbolism, and spirituality, including The Three Stages of Initiatic Spirituality: Craftsman, Warrior, Magician and The Path of The Warrior-Mystic: Being a Man in an Age of Chaos.
- I’ve consistently forced myself out of my comfort zone during my life — moving to two different countries (from Great Britain to Canada and the U.S.A.) and working in different professions (design and copywriting, as well as being an author, of course). So I know you can force yourself out of your comfort zone too.
- I’m a long-term practitioner of meditation, mindfulness, and martial arts, and understand all of the trickery our minds use to protect us (and that prevent us from moving forward in life).
- I overcame my disadvantages:
A little over three decades ago, I was working in a factory that coated metal sheets and wire with tin. Conditions were dangerous and I was extremely underpaid. Not long before I quit, one of my coworkers’ arms was slashed open by one of the machines and went into shock. He had to be rushed to hospital and take a day off — the company insisted he take it out of his vacation.
When I quit, a coworker told me I’d regret it. (So far, I haven’t.) Instead, I moved countries and became an author, mentor, and hypnotist (and am living a very different life).
Again, as a young man, I was extremely shy and very quiet. Today, I regularly give public talks on self-development as well as interviews for podcasts and radio. (And public speaking is the number one fear among people in Western countries.) So I know whatever disadvantages you have, and whatever fears you have, you can overcome them. And you might even find that, eventually, it’s these that push you forward in life.
This is your life:
Don’t waste it, living below your potential or too afraid to go after your goals.
To schedule an appointment for a confidential mentoring session, click here.
Results may vary from person to person.